White Bean Stew
This wholesome and hearty one-pot White Bean Stew tastes absolutely delicious and can be at your table in just about 20 minutes.
Yield 3 servings
- 2 cups (450 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 whole white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14 oz (400g) canned white beans rinsed
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of water or oil. Then add in the diced white onion and minced garlic along with the tomato paste and spices. Sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Using the same pot, add in the tomato sauce as well as the white beans.
Let everything simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
After, add in the cherry tomatoes followed by the spinach. Cook for a few minutes more or until the spinach has wilted.
Remove the pot from heat and divide into serving bowls. Serve with gluten-free bread, potatoes or rice. Enjoy!
- Feel free to swap out the spinach for any other leafy green of your personal preference. For example, kale or swiss chard both work great for this dish too.