This White Bean Stew tastes absolutely delicious and can be at your table in just about 20 minutes. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and great for busy days! Great for meal prep and freezer friendly too!
Have you ever had White Bean Stew? If no, you are missing out! With hearty herbs and spices, this recipe is not only easy to make but also makes a nourishing lunch or dinner. Combined with spinach, juicy tomatoes and nourishing beans this one-pot recipe is wholesome and super tasty.
I like to pair this White Bean and Tomato Stew with toasted ciabatta. If you ask me, this match is unbeatable! With vegan butter on top, this recipe just tastes like absolute heaven to me. However, if you are aiming for a gluten-free option, you can always pair this recipe with gluten-free bread, potatoes or rice! Trust me, this will just taste as good!
How to make White Bean Stew?
This one-pot stew is pretty easy to make and does not require a lot of time at all.
Ingredients you will need:
- White beans: White Beans add a hearty texture and plant-based protein to this recipe.
- Cherry tomatoes: Juicy cherry tomatoes do make everything better. They are rich in flavor and do add some color texture to this recipe too!
- Spinach: Spinach or any other leafy greens like kale or swiss chard are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber but low in calories. Keep in mind that incorporating leafy greens into your diet can offer numerous health benefits including reduced risk of obesity, heart disease or high blood pressure.
- White onions & garlic: Helps to add some flavor to the dish.
- Tomato sauce: This is gonna be the base of our sauce.
- Tomato paste: Enhances the tomato flavor.
- Cayenne pepper: Just a dash of cayenne pepper will add a bit of heat to this recipe!
- Paprika powder: Paprika powder is pretty mild in flavor, with a sweet taste and subtle touch of heat. In my opinion, it’s a perfect fit for this recipe!
- Cumin: Cumin has a rich and hearty flavor. It adds instant depth to this dish and even has an earthy taste.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhances the flavor.
First, it is essential to prepare all your ingredients. Dice the onion, mince the garlic and rinse the white beans. Next, you are gonna sautee the onion as well as the garlic along with the tomato paste and spices in a pot until translucent. Then, add in the tomato sauce along with the white beans. Let everything cook for about 10 minutes, then add in the cherry tomatoes and the spinach. Let it simmer for a few more minutes, then you are ready to serve it.
How to serve this White Bean Stew?
This recipe can be served with multiple ingredients. Here are some ideas for you.
- Toasted ciabatta
- Gluten-free bread
However, feel free to serve it with your favorite side dish of your personal choice!
This recipe is:
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly
- Great for meal-prep
Other vegan recipes you might enjoy
If you liked this recipe you may enjoy some of my other recipes too:
White Bean Stew
- 2 cups (450 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 whole white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14 oz (400g) canned white beans rinsed
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of water or oil. Then add in the diced white onion and minced garlic along with the tomato paste and spices. Sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Using the same pot, add in the tomato sauce as well as the white beans.
- Let everything simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- After, add in the cherry tomatoes followed by the spinach. Cook for a few minutes more or until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the pot from heat and divide into serving bowls. Serve with gluten-free bread, potatoes or rice. Enjoy!
- Feel free to swap out the spinach for any other leafy green of your personal preference. For example, kale or swiss chard both work great for this dish too.