This Vegan French Toast makes the perfect breakfast option for a cozy Sunday morning! Using everyday ingredients this recipe is not only super easy to make but also is it ready in just about 15 minutes. This Vegan French Toast is crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside and all in all just tastes like heaven to me. Topped with bananas and maple syrup this breakfast recipe definitely will make your mouth water.
You will definitely love this French Toast recipe because it is..
- Simple and easy to make
- Vegan friendly
How to make French toast vegan?
French toast without eggs? I had to ask myself: “Is this even possible?” I personally thought that no vegan recipe would ever taste as delicious as the traditional recipe made with eggs does. However, after trying to come up with a vegan version, I was seriously impressed. In my opinion, this recipe just taste like the real thing and no one will ever guess that it’s vegan!
There is no need to pick up fancy ingredients, because you probably already have the key ingredient at home. Can you guess what it is? Corn starch! Corn starch is perfect for getting your toast crispy on the outside and therefore works as a great substitute for eggs in this recipe. The rest of the batter is super simple as well. I mixed plant-based milk (I used oat milk) with vanilla extract, cinnamon, a tiny bit of salt and of course corn starch. Literally that’s it! Super easy, but incredibly tasty.
Which bread is best to use for French toast?
Personally I think that Ciabatta, French, or Italian style bread are the best options here. Keep in mind that the bread will be the base of the recipe. So it is better to buy good quality bread in order to optimize the taste. Just make sure, that you stick to a vegan bread as some might be not vegan.
How to serve French toast?
I personally love serving it with fresh fruits and drizzling maple syrup all over. I love adding bananas or blueberry! However, feel free to top it with whatever fruit or sweetener you have on hand. Agave, powdered sugar or even vegan butter for example also taste incredibly amazing on this Vegan French Toast.
If you try this Vegan French Toast out yourself, I would love to see your recreations on Instagram! You can tag me on Instagram @aboutannella or follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Finally, if you are looking for more cozy and delicious breakfast recipes I highly recommend giving this Easy Gingerbread Flavored Oatmeal a try! It tastes incredibly delicious. So feel free to check it out.
Vegan French Toast (Only 7 Ingredients)
- 4-8 slices White Bread
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil (or any other oil)
- Cut the White Bread into thick Slices.
- Mix the Oat Milk, Corn Starch, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon and Salt together in a bowl. Whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the Coconut Oil.
- Dip each side of the bread in the batter and let it soak for about 10 seconds. Next, add the bread to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat on both sides. Cook until both sides are golden brown and have crisped up. Repeat for remaining bread slices.
- Put the French Toast onto two different plates. Top with fresh fruit, maple syrup and/or vegan butter.
- Oat milk can be substituted with any other non-dairy milk of your personal preference.