I love smoothie bowls.. They literally taste like ice cream to me and make the perfect breakfast for hot summer mornings. Plus, they are super hydrating and nourishing. This Summer Spinach Banana Smoothie Bowl is loaded with healthy and tasty ingredients and just tastes like heaven to me. This bowl takes about 5 minutes to prepare, so it’s an easy and quick way to start your morning the right way.
Also, I love playing around with different ingredients and toppings. Personally, I think it’s just super fun to experiment a little in the kitchen! So feel free to adjust your smoothie bowl to your likings.
How to make this Summer Spinach Banana Smoothie Bowl?
Actually, making a Smoothie Bowl is not hard at all. However you will need a blender in order to make one. I prefer using a high-speed blender. This way I am able to add in some ice or frozen bananas. However, if you don’t have a high-speed blender at home, don’t worry. You can also get away with using a regular blender. Just be aware to not use any frozen fruit or ice. But other than that, it will go just fine!
What about the ingredients?
Regarding the ingredients, I personally always love to use bananas as a base! In my opinion, nothing really works as well as bananas do. They add a creamy but sweet texture to every smoothie bowl. Pro tip: If you love cold and icy smoothie bowls, make sure to freeze your bananas beforehand. This is also a great way to make use of overripe bananas. So no need to throw out dark bananas anymore! They just work perfectly for smoothie bowls. Trust me, the darker the better!
For the other ingredients I used:
- Dates: They add extra sweetness and deliciousness to every smoothie bowl.
- Full fat coconut milk: For healthy fats and a bunch of creaminess!
- Peanut butter: Love love love peanut butter. Makes every smoothie bowl tastes amazing!
- Spinach: This may sound weird at first, but trust me! You can not even taste the spinach in there and it is definitely a great way to sneak in some greens before lunch.
- Protein powder: This is optional but I personally prefer to focus on my macro nutrients. So I focus on having “complete” meals that contain carbohydrates, fats and protein! So personally I like to bulk up my smoothies with some organic protein powder!
- Wheatgrass powder: Also optional, but good for your skin and overall health in general.
- Soy milk: I added in a splash of soy milk in order to blend it all together. You can also use water or any other non dairy milk of your personal preference.
- Toppings: You can use any toppings of your likings. This time I used chia seeds, hemp seeds, more peanut butter, granola and some chocolate chips!
Finally, if you make this Summer Spinach Banana Smoothie Bowl at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I love to see your recreations! For more inspiration you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Summer Spinach Banana Smoothie Bowl
For the Smoothie
- 3 Bananas
- 3 Dates
- 1 handful Spinach
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass Powder (Optional)
- 1 scoop Vegan Protein Powder (Optional)
For the toppings
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Put the Banana, Dates, Spinach, Peanut Butter, Full Fat Coconut Cream, Soy Milk, Wheatgrass Powder and Protein Powder into a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top the bowl with Granola, Hemp Seeds, Chia Seeds, Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter. Enjoy!
- Soy Milk can be substituted with water or any other non dairy milk.