This Purple Power Detox Smoothie is super healthy and easy to prepare. It doesn’t take longer than 5 minutes to make and is packed with vitamins and nutrients. A nutritious purple smoothie, that tastes beyond delicious packed with antioxidant-rich ingredients.
I love having smoothies for breakfast. It’s such an easy way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies in. Smoothies are quick, easy and most importantly highly nutritious! Incorporating smoothies into your life or even into your daily routine is a great way to help you kick-start your day the right way!
Tips for making the Best Purple Power Detox Smoothie
- Use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones: This is a huge one for me. Adding frozen bananas will help to achieve a thicker consistency. Also, freezing overripe bananas is a great way to prevent produce from going to waste before you can make use out of it.
- Add a source of protein or healthy fat: In my smoothie recipes, I try to aim for balance. That means having a good source of carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein in my smoothie recipes. I love adding in avocado, nut butter or a scoop of vegan protein powder!
- Find the right consistency: Nothing that I dislike more than not achieving the right consistency within my smoothies. I dislike smoothies that are too thick as well as smoothies that are too runny. The goal here is to find your preferred consistency and putting it into practice by adding just the right amount of liquid to it!
Ingredients you will need for this Purple Smoothie Recipe:
- Bananas: Bananas contain many important nutrients like potassium, vitamin B and vitamin C. They also can improve your digestive health and moderate blood sugar levels. Also, they work great as a base in smoothies in general because they help to achieve this creamy consistency that you are looking for.
- Hemp Seeds: Hemp seeds are highly nutritious and good for you. They are a great source of healthy fats as well as plant-based protein. In addition, they may protect your brain, boost your heart health and reduce inflammation.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are full of antioxidants and also taste delicious! They are sweet, nutritious, wildly popular and often labeled as a superfood!
- Vegan Protein Powder: I love adding vegan protein powder to all my smoothies because it helps to keep me fuller for longer and boost my smoothies by adding a good source of protein in there!
- Non-dairy milk: You can use any non-dairy milk of your personal preference. I prefer using soy or oat milk for this recipe but this is totally up to you!
Other smoothie recipes you might enjoy
If you are looking for more smoothie recipes you might also enjoy some of my other recipes too:
Finally, if you make this Purple Power Detox Smoothie at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I love to see your recreations! For more inspiration you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Purple Power Detox Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Blend: Add the non-dairy milk to a high-speed blender, followed by the banana, hemp seeds, blueberries and vegan protein powder. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve: Serve in a glass and enjoy!
Note: This page may contain affiliate links. Choosing to use these links helps to support me and this website – thank you for supporting About Annella!