I absolutely love pumpkin soup in the colder months. This delicious and tasty roasted pumpkin soup recipe is full of flavors and perfect for the colder weather. It is cozy, hearty and healthy for you too. And let’s be honest here – who doesn’t love a warming soup in fall?
This soup is not only super easy to make but it is also made out of wholesome ingredients. It is super creamy and just tastes like absolute heaven to me.
Ingredients you will need for this vegan pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin: For this recipe, it is best to use a medium-sized pumpkin. I used Hokkaido, but squash would also work great in here!
- Carrots: I love the combination of carrots and pumpkin. It literally tastes sooooo good!
- Coconut cream: Great alternative to heavy cream if you want to keep things plant-based. It provides the soup with so much flavor as well.
- White onions & garlic: For flavor!
- Veggie broth: Adds a ton of flavor as well.
- Spices: I added in just a little bit of salt, pepper, ginger and cayenne pepper!
How to make pumpkin soup from scratch
This pumpkin soup is so simple but still so tasty. And honestly, there is not much preparation to do to make it. I actually roasted all the veggies in the oven for about 25 minutes. After they have finished baking, I blended them up in a food processor along with some coconut cream, veggie broth and spices. Then all there is left to do, is heating it in a big pot, if you feel like it is too cold. But other than that, that’s really all you have to do. Amazing right?
How to store leftovers
If you have leftovers you can easily store them and enjoy them later on. Here are ways how to store your homemade pumpkin soup correctly!
- Refrigerate: Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Alternatively, you can also keep them in your freezer up to 3 months. Store them in your favorite container and defrost them whenever you feel like soup.
- Reheat: Simply reheat the soup on your stove the next day.
There are multiple ways of how to serve your vegan pumpkin soup. Here are some suggestions for you!
- Toasted bread: I absolutely love toasted bread and think it tastes delicious. Paired with some vegan butter, the soup does taste even better in my opinion.
- Toppings: Add on some toppings like parsley, chili flakes or pumpkin seeds.
- Grains: Serve it with rice, quinoa, bulgar or any other grain of your personal preference.
Other vegan recipes you might enjoy
If you liked this recipe you may enjoy some of my other recipes too:
Finally, if you try this pumpkin soup recipe out yourself, please let me know what you think. Rate this recipe or leave a comment below, I always love to hear your opinion. I would love to see you tag me on Instagram @aboutannella if you recreate this recipe at home. You can also follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration.
For the Pumpkin Soup
- 2 white onions quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 3 carrots quartered
- 1 cup (230 ml) coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups (590 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tsp grounded ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
For the Toppings
- pumpkin seeds crushed
- chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the veggies: Half and clean the pumpkin from the pumpkin seeds, then add it onto a baking tray. Using the same baking tray, add the white onions, garlic cloves and quartered carrots. Keep them oil-free or add a drizzle of olive oil, if you prefer.
- Roast: Roast the veggies in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to check on them regularly.
- Blend: To a blender, add the roasted pumpkin, white onions, garlic, carrots along with the coconut cream, vegetable broth, grounded ginger and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Simmer: Add the soup to a large pot and let it simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add toppings: Divide the soup evenly into bowls and top with parsley, pumpkin seeds, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!