Mexican pizza anyone? I absolutely love pizza of all kinds. Recently I made this easy and healthy Mexican Pizza recipe that you are going to enjoy for sure!
This recipe is dairy-free and vegan and takes about 35 minutes to prepare. And trust me, this Mexican Pizza tastes absolutely delicious and is perfect for your pizza night to enjoy with your friends and family!
Ingredients you will need for this Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Your favorite pizza crust
- Pinto beans
- Red onions
- Red bell pepper
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cilantro
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk
How to make Vegan Mexican Pizza?
In order to make this delicious and yummy vegan Mexican Pizza recipe, we need to prepare the refried beans, cilantro lime cream and pizza toppings first.
- Refried beans: This is gonna be our pizza spread. To make the refried beans, it is important to sauté the ingredients first. After everything has been cooked properly, all there is left to do is pureeing the ingredients together. You can do that by using a potato masher, food processor or blender.
- Cilantro-lime cream: I am absolutely digging this cilantro-lime cream. Luckily, it is not very difficult to make. All we need to do is add the soaked cashews, cilantro, lime juice, salt and non-dairy milk to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pizza toppings: Prep your pizza toppings! I picked red onion, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, pickled jalapeños, avocado and cilantro. But feel free to choose any toppings of your personal preference. Get creative – for example, tortilla strips, lettuce or even vegan cheese would work great for this recipe too!
After the refried beans, cilantro-lime cream and the pizza toppings are prepared, it is now time to assemble everything.
- Choose your favorite pizza crust.
- Spread on a thick layer of refried beans.
- Add the prepared pizza toppings. If you are using avocado and cilantro I highly recommend adding those on after the pizza has finished baking.
- Bake the pizza in the oven until it is crispy and golden brown.
- Drizzle the cilantro-lime cream over and add the avocado and cilantro!
How to make your own pizza dough
For this recipe, I personally used an already ready-made pizza crust from the store because it’s quick, easy and simple. However, if you have some extra time and want to make your own here is a recipe by Garima from This That More on how to make your own homemade pizza dough. And let’s be honest here – homemade always wins, doesn’t it?
This recipe is…
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly
- Made out of wholesome ingredients
- Great for friends or family pizza night
Other vegan recipes you might enjoy
If you liked this recipe you may enjoy some of my other recipes too:
Finally, if you make this Mexican Pizza at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I’m happy to see your recreations! For more inspiration, you can follow my Pinterest Account.
- Food processor, potato masher or blender
For the pizza crust
- 1 ready-made pizza crust
For the refried beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 1 medium sized tomato chopped
- 1 tsp dried orgegano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) water
For the toppings
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup (45 g) corn
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/8 cup (13 g) pickled jalapenos sliced
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
For the cilantro-lime cream
- 1/2 cup (75 g) cashews soaked
- 1 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) non-dairy milk unsweetened
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Perpare the refried beans: In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons of water or oil. Then add in the diced red onion and minced garlic. Sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Next, add in the canned pinto beans and chopped tomato along with the instructed spices. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Then, puree the beans with a food processor or a potato masher or until they reach the right consistency. Slowly adding in the water while pureeing. Leave some beans chunky or puree everything until completely smooth.
- Prepare the cilantro-lime cream: In a food processor or blender add in the soaked cashews, vegan mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, salt and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth.
- Top the pizza: Spread the refried beans onto the pizza crust. Top with diced red onions, corn, halved cherry tomatoes, diced red bell pepper and sliced pickled jalapenos.
- Bake: Bake the pizza in the oven for about 10-13 minutes. Make sure to check on it regularly. When the pizza has finished baking top with sliced avocado, extra cilantro and cilantro-lime-cream. Enjoy!