These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins made with chocolate chips are vegan, refined sugar-free and oil-free. This recipe is fall-inspired and tastes absolutely delicious. These muffins are moist and fluffy, giving off cozy fall vibes. What more could you ask for?
Fall is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with a batch of the tastiest vegan pumpkin muffins ever! These muffins only take about 30 minutes, are super easy to make and made out of wholesome nourishing ingredients.
Are Pumpkin Muffins healthy?
Pumpkin Muffins can be prepared in various ways. Fortunately, they are some ways to prepare them relatively healthy. For example, it’s easy to swap out all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour. Or you could substitute the refined sugar with agave, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
Luckily this recipe has it all. It is refined sugar-free, oil-free and vegan! Basically, a pumpkin muffin recipe that tastes great and you can feel good about enjoying it. Win-win!
Ingredients you will need:
- Pumpkin purée: This is the most important ingredient here! You can either buy it canned or you can make it yourself. You can do that by cooking up some pumpkin, then adding the pumpkin to a food processor or a blender and puréeing it until smooth.
- Flour: I’ve used whole wheat flour here because I was aiming for a healthier option than regular all-purpose flour.
- Maple Syrup: Honey would also work well here if you don’t follow a strict vegan diet.
- Sugar: I used coconut sugar here so these muffins are refined sugar-free. But of course, you can choose your favorite sugar for this recipe!
- Vanilla Extract: For a little bit of vanilla flavor.
- Cinnamon & Gingerbread Spice: Both spices give me cozy fall vibes!
- Milk: Use your favorite non-dairy milk here. I used oat milk for this recipe!
- Baking Powder + Soda: Helps the muffins to rise!
- Chia Seeds: Needed for the vegan egg substitute.
- Chocolate Chips: Who doesn’t love chocolate chips in pumpkin muffins?
- Salt: For a little bit of flavor.
How to make the Best Vegan Pumpkin Muffins:
Making these Healthy Pumpkin does not require fancy cooking skills at all. Actually, this recipe is fairly easy to prepare.
- Step 1: First, prepare the Chia Egg. You can do that by adding 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to a small dish and top with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Step 2: Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Step 3: Add in the wet ingredients as well as the prepared chia egg.
- Step 4: Whisk, until the ingredients are well combined and a batter forms.
- Step 5: Last but not least, fill the muffins in a muffin tray and bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
If you are looking for some other tasty but wholesome treats, don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Here are some suggestions for you:
Finally, if you make these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I am happy to see your recreations! For more inspiration, you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 3/4 cups (215 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (67 g) coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup (225 g) pumpkin purée canned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) nvon-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the Chia Egg by adding 1 tbsp of chia seeds to a small dish and top with 2 1/2 tbsp of water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, gingerbread spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Using the same bowl, add in the wet ingredients. Fold in the chia egg. Mix everything together until a batter forms.
- Divide the batter evenly into a greased or lined muffin tray. The batter will approximately make about 9 normal sized muffins. Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 180C°, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out cleanly!
- Let them cool and enjoy!