I personally love to start my weekends mornings with decadent breakfast. Pancakes are by far one of my favorite breakfast meals of all time. They are sweet, delicious and just hit the spot! What I love most about this recipe is that it is made out of whole foods! These Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes are refined sugar and dairy free and can be made gluten free as well. However, I promise they taste just as delicious and satisfying as regular pancakes would.
Which ingredients to use?
This Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes are only made out of 5 wholesome ingredients. They are super easy to make. You will need about 25 minutes in order to make this tasty vegan breakfast yourself.
For this recipe you will need:
- Oat flour: I personally like to use oat flour in a lot of my baking recipes. You can either buy oat flour from the store or just make it yourself by blending rolled outs in a food processor, blender or even a coffee grinder works like a charm. I prefer to make oat flour myself, because it is much cheaper than store-bought oat flour. If you want a gluten-free option, double check if the oats that you are using are gluten-free friendly.
- Banana: You will need bananas in order to make the dough stick together. Also, bananas work great as a natural sweetener and for providing additional flavor.
- Plant-based milk: I personally love adding Soy or Oat Milk to this recipe. However, you can use any plant-based milk of your personal preference here.
- Chocolate Powder: This will provide the chocolate flavor we are aiming for in this pancake recipe.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract works great for additional sweetness and taste.
How to make these Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes?
I personally like to keep it easy and simple here. In my opinion, this recipe works great by just putting all the instructed ingredients in a blender and blending it all together until the batter is smooth. Just keep in mind to blend the Oats first if you are not using store-bought oat flour. This will help to get a smoother pancake batter result overall.
However if you don’t have a blender or a food-processor at home, don’t worry! You can always mash the banana with a fork yourself. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. This will work best by using a whisk. Then all you need to do is greasing a skillet with a little bit of coconut oil (or any other oil), pour some of the pancake batter into the skillet and cook it on medium heat until golden brown. Tip: It is best to flip the pancake, as soon as bubbles are forming.
Finally, if you try these Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes out yourself, do not forget to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella. I am happy to connect with you and see your recreations. For more food related content and inspiration make sure to follow my Pinterest account. Other than that, happy cooking!
Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes (Only 5 Ingredients)
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 2 whole Bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Milk
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Coconot Oil (Or any other oil)
- First, mash up the Bananas by using a fork.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Oat Flour and Chocolate Powder. Add in the mashed Banana, Soy Milk and Vanilla Extract. Mix everything together until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat up a little bit of oil. Pour 1/2 cup of pancake batter into the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the dough starts to form bubbles. Flip, then cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Serve warm and top with any toppings of your personal choice. I topped mine with Almond Butter, Cacao Nibs, Banana and Maple Syrup! Enjoy!
- Soy Milk can be substituted with any other plant-based milk of your personal preference.
- If you have a blender you can prepare the batter by putting all the instructed ingredients in a blender and mixing it all together until the batter is smooth. Just keep in mind to blend the Oats first if you are not using store-bought oat flour.