I love to start my day with green smoothies. They are a great way to get in those minerals and nutrients. This Green Lean Smoothie is nutritious, health-promoting and also easy to prepare. It is naturally sweetened with fruit and tastes amazing!
Health Benefits of drinking green smoothies
Drinking green smoothies has a lot of health benefits. Hence why I have been including green smoothies into my diet for the past four years. Introducing at least one green smoothie into your day can totally transform your health. Here is what incorporating green smoothies into your daily routine can do for your health:
- Boost of energy: Starting your day with a green smoothie will provide you with a lot of energy and kick-start your morning the right way.
- More mental clarity: While junk food, especially white sugar and flour is able to make your brain feel foggy and cloudy, green smoothies can clear up your mind and promote overall mental clarity.
- Promotes glowing skin: Who doesn’t want clean, glowing and radiant skin? Drinking green smoothies can do that for you!
- Improves immunity: My immunity started improving drastically when I started incorporating more leafy greens into my diet. Drinking a green smoothie a day is the perfect way to boost your immune system.
How to make green smoothies
Making green smoothies can be a lot of fun and very creative as well. Its is a great way to use up your leftover fruits and veggies. Just chuck in your preferred ingredients into a blender and you are good to go. In order to make my smoothies creamy, sweet and delicious I always like to incorporate some ripe bananas. Like this, you won’t be able to taste the leafy greens in your smoothie at all. I also like to incorporate some healthy fats in order to make my smoothies even creamier and wholesome. You can use healthy fats like avocado, hemp, flax or chia seeds or any other healthy fat source you desire!
If you are looking for more smoothie recipes you might also like my Morning Coffee Date Smoothie! Check it out if you like!
Finally, if you make this Green Lean Smoothie at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I love to see your recreations! For more inspiration you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Green Lean Smoothie
- High-Speed Blender
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 3 Dates
- 1 handful Spinach
- 2 Kale Leaves
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanila Extract
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Wheat Grass (optional)
- Add the Water and the Soy Milk to a high-speed blender, followed by the Bananas and the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve it in a glass and enjoy!
- Soy Milk can be substituted with any other Non-Dairy Milk of your personal preference!