I have loved banana bread since I was little. Bananas are literally my favorite food on the planet, so a banana bread comes in quite handy for me. And as I like to keep my sweet treats relatively wholesome, I wanted to come up with a healthy and refined sugar free but tasty alternative to regular banana bread. And I can definitely confirm: I am digging this Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe.
This Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread requires only 9 ingredients and is made out of whole foods. It has a chewy texture to it, is full of flavors and makes a great snack. Topped with some fruit, nut butter, cinnamon and maple syrup, this recipe literally just tastes like heaven to me. It might just become your new favorite banana bread recipe too.
This Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe is:
- vegan and vegetarian friendly
- refined sugar-free
- the perfect on the go breakfast or a great afternoon snack
Ingredient’s you will need
- Gluten-free oat flour: Oat flour is a great alternative to all purpose flour and a much healthier choice in my opinion. You can either buy oat flour from the store or just make it yourself. I prefer making it at home, because it is quite easy and much cheaper. You will need a food processor or a blender though. And of course you will need some oats as well. Put the oats in a blender or food processor and blend them until they form a floury consistency. That’s it – now you got yourself some oat flour.
- Mashed ripe bananas: The secret to moist and sweet banana bread are ripe bananas. Make sure that they have some dark spots before using them for this recipe.
- Walnuts: I love adding nuts to any banana bread recipe. They provide some extra crunch and flavor.
- Baking powder and baking soda: Helps the banana bread to rise.
- Cinnamon: Will help to make the banana bread extra warm and cozy and immersed with flavor.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor.
- Plant-based milk: You can use any kind of non dairy milk you like. I personally love using oat milk for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: To add some natural sweetness to this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: For additional flavor and deliciousness.
Tips for making delicious healthy banana bread
Use overripe bananas: Using overripe bananas will definitely work best in this recipe. The softer the banana is and the more brown spots it will have, the better!
Don’t overmix the batter: Mix it until the ingredients will just combine. Don’t overdo it as it can cause a less fluffy banana bread.
Save a banana for topping: Not only will the banana bread look more pretty and appealing but the overall flavor will be enhanced. And who doesn’t love caramelized banana?
Be creative: What I love most about this recipe is that it’s adjustable. So throw your favorite ingredients in there and call it a day. You could add chocolate chips, coconut flakes or even some blueberries.
If you are looking for some other tasty but wholesome treats, don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Here are some suggestions for you:
Finally, if you make this Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I am happy to see your recreations! For more inspiration you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 3 large mashed overripe bananas
- 1 large banana (for topping)
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the oat flour, crushed walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix well until uniform and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the 3 bananas. Mix in the non dairy milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Next add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until a batter forms.
- Cut the banana that is reserved for topping into half (cut side facing up).
- Pour the prepared batter into a loaf pan. Spread it out evenly. Top with the cut banana.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake it for approximately 60 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. Make sure to let it cool down completely before cutting or serving it. Enjoy!