I love to start my mornings with Hash Browns. However, sometimes I find that they literally take up too much time or I can’t be bothered to make them in the morning. That’s why I came up with this simple but delicious Hash Brown Cups. All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a muffin tray and bake them for 45 minutes until they are crispy and delicious. This Easy Baked Hash Brown Cups only require 3 healthy ingredients that are also oil-free.
How to make Baked Hash Brown Cups?
In order to prepare the batter, all you have to do is grate the white onions as well as the potatoes with a box grater. If you have a food processor at home and want to be even quicker, you could just blend the ingredients in there. What is important in order to make the Hash Brown Cups crispy and not floppy is pressing the potatoes dry. This will help them crisp up in the oven. Therefore, it is recommended to separate the onions from the potatoes at first and mix them all together after you removed the excess liquid from the shredded potatoes. Now all you have to do is add the spices to the mixture. Of course, you can always adjust the instructed spices to your likings. Put them in the oven until they are golden brown and enjoy!
What I love the most about this Hash Brown Cups is that you even can prepare them in advance and take them to work or to school the next day! They are perfect for meal prep and keep up in the fridge up to 5 days.
These Easy Baked Hash Brown Cups are:
- Perfect for meal prep
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly
If you make this Hash Brown Cups at home don’t forget to rate this recipe or leave a comment! I love to chat. Also, I would love to see your recreations on Instagram so make sure to tag me over there @aboutannella. For more inspiration, you can also follow me on Pinterest!
Easy Baked Hash Brown Cups (Only 3 Ingredients)
- Box Grater
- Food Processor (Optional)
For the Hash Brown Cups
- 6 large Potatoes
- 3 White Onions
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
For the Topping
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Grate the Potatoes as well as the White Onions and set them aside in two separate bowls. If you have a food processor, you could also shred them in there.
- Press the Potatoes dry. This process will help them crisp up in the oven. Place the shredded Potatoes in a paper towel and wring out any access water.
- Combine the shredded Potatoes and the White Onions in a bowl. Add the Paprika Powder, Salt and Pepper. Mix well.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the Hash Brown Cups are golden brown and have crisped up.
- Serve with Hot Sauce, or any other toppings you desire.