Let’s be honest – A delicious bowl of Ramen is pure comfort food. If you love flavorful Japanese Ramen, this Creamy Mushroom Recipe is totally for you! This noodle soup is ready in just about 30 minutes. It is creamy, tasty and good for you too!
How to make homemade ramen?
But let’s start with the basics! There are three main components to a good and delicious Ramen Soup:
Starting with the broth for this recipe the key ingredient here is definitely tahini! It creates a rich and hearty flavor in addition to the vegetable broth. But also the soy sauce, the rice vinegar and the shiitake mushrooms help to balance the flavor of the broth very well and are major ingredients that should not be left out!
Regarding the noodles, I used white flour ramen noodles for this recipe in order to keep it fully plant-based. However, yellow egg noodles would be a delicious option as well and do really work well in here too. Also, I personally found it is best to cook the noodles directly in the broth in order to give the soup even more flavor.
If you cooked your broth and noodles it is time to choose your toppings. I decided to keep it simple and topped my Creamy Mushroom Ramen with green onions and pak choi. However feel free to choose your toppings according to your desires! For example nori, bamboo shoots (menma), beansprouts, parsley or even additional spinach would be super delicious in here too. So load up your Creamy Mushroom Ramen with whatever combination of these delicious options you prefer.
This Creamy Mushroom Ramen is:
- Vegan and Vegetarian friendly
- Rich in flavors
- The perfect Weekend Night Dinner
Creamy Mushroom Ramen
For the Soup
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Chilli Paste (optional)
- 1 oz Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 packets Ramen Noodles
- 1 block Tofu
- 4 leaves Pak Choi
- 10 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Green Onion
- First, prepare the Vegetables and Tofu. Dice the Onion and mince the Garlic as well as the Ginger. Cut the Tofu into cubes. Roughly chop the Pak Choi Leaves into wider strips and the stalks into slightly smaller pieces.
- Add a splash vegetable broth to a large pot over medium heat. Add in the Diced Onion, the Minced Garlic and Ginger. Sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the Soy Sauce, Tahini, Rice Vinegar, Agave Syrup and Chili Paste to the pot. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Add a little bit more vegetable broth, if necessary.
- Then, add the Cubed Tofu to the mixture. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetable broth as well as the Dried Shiitake Mushrooms. Stir well and bring to a simmer; let it go for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place the Ramen Noodles and the Pak Choi into the pot of simmering broth. Cook the Ramen Noodles according to the instructions and until tender.
- Divide the soup into bowls, garnish with green onion, then serve and enjoy.
If you make this Creamy Mushroom Ramen Recipe at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella and let me know what you think. Also don’t forget to rate this recipe and feel free to leave a comment. I love to chat! For more inspiration follow me on Pinterest. Have fun cooking!