This Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl makes the perfect breakfast option. It provides you with loads of mineral and nutrients and is a great source of carbohydrates, protein and fats. This Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl does not only satisfy your chocolate cravings, but will fuel your mornings the right way and provide you with a lot of energy.
Reasons why you should go for a nourishing breakfast
Having a healthy breakfast every morning is super important and a great way to kick-start your mornings the right way. Here are the why you should have a nourishing breakfast every morning:
- Get your metabolism going: Having a healthy breakfast will set you up for the day. While sleeping your metabolism slows down. However, as soon as you have breakfast your metabolism will speed up, meaning digestion begins and, with it, increased energy expenditure.
- Set up your mindset for healthy choices: When you start your day with a healthy breakfast you are more likely to continue eating healthy for the rest of the day. Like this it will make it easier for you to stick to an overall healthy diet.
- Fuel your brain: Studies suggest that eating breakfast can help memory function. This means, your ability to recall information might be enhanced.
How to make a Smoothie Bowl?
Making a smoothie bowl is quite easy. Of course, you will need a high-speed blender in order to make the base of the smoothie bowl. I love using bananas, because they add a very creamy texture and a lot of sweetness. I also always like to add some protein powder. This will help to pump up my smoothie bowl and keep me fuller for longer. After blending everything together it is time to choose the toppings. I always like to add in granola, fruit, nuts and seeds as well as some type of nut butter. For this recipe I chose peanut butter, however I also enjoy adding almond or cashew butter.
If you are looking for more smoothie recipes you might also like my Morning Coffee Date Smoothie or my Green Lean Smoothie! You can always turn these recipes into a smoothie bowl by adding some crunchy toppings on top. Check them out if you like!
Finally, if you make this Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl at home, make sure to tag me on Instagram @aboutannella! I love to see your recreations! For more inspiration you can follow my Pinterest Account.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- High-Speed Blender
For the Smoothie
- 4 whole Bananas
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
For the Toppings
- 1 cup Granola
- 1 whole Banana
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Put the Banana, Vanilla Protein Powder, Cacao Powder, Hemp Seeds, Peanut Butter and Soy Milk in a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into two separate bowls.
- Chop up Banana into slices. Top the bowls with Granola, sliced Banana, Chia Seeds, Coconut Flakes, and Peanut Butter. Enjoy!
- For extra creaminess you can freeze your bananas the day before. Make sure you peel them before you freeze them. The finished result will just taste like chocolate banana ice cream. Amazing!
- Peanut butter can be substituted with any other nut butter of your personal preference.