Don’t we all love pumpkin pie spice? It’s October and that means time for good books, cozy movie nights and most importantly everything PUMPKIN! This homemade blend is super easy to prepare and made out of ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Learn how to make your own pumpkin pie spice blend today.
What is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spice, also known as pumpkin spice, is an American spice mix that has become wildly popular over the past years. It is used in everything starting from your favorite coffee shop drink to dessert. It is a combination of spices that include cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. If somehow you can’t get your hands on it in your living area or if you run out of it, don’t worry. I’ll show you how to make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice blend below.
What to do with Pumpkin Spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spice can be used in multiple ways. Here are some ways to make use of it:
- Fall baking recipes: Use them in your fall baking recipes. Everything from pies, cookies, muffins and cakes! You can also use it in my healthy pumpkin muffins recipe. Completely worth it for sure!
- Pumpkin spice latte: Is there anything better than pumpkin spice latte in the fall? I really don’t think so! Tatiana has a super delicious homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe on her blog. Definitely make sure to check it out!
- Use it in your oatmeal recipes: I love oatmeal, especially in fall. If you are ever tired of your regular oatmeal, try to mix it up and add some pumpkin pie spice. It will do real wonders!
- Pancakes and waffles: Sprinkle it onto your pancakes and waffles. It tastes absolutely amazing, I promise!
Ingredients you will need
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
As I said before, it is super easy to throw this spice blend together. It consists of ingredients you already have in your pantry. And let’s be honest here: Aren’t we all tired of spending money on things that we could easily make ourselves? Well, at least I am!
If you are feeling it, you may want to add a little bit of salt, cardamom or allspice in there. It might just bring your spice blend to the next level.
I love making this spice blend at home because I am in control of the quantities of the individual spices I add to it. If you purchase a bottle of it at the store, there is always a chance that you won’t like it because they might use more or less of an individual spice to the blend. If you make it yourself, you are in complete control of everything and can adjust the spice blend to your personal preference. That’s great!
If you try this pumpkin pie spice blend out yourself, please let me know what you think. Rate this recipe or leave a comment down below, I would love to chat. You can also tag me on Instagram @aboutannella if you recreate this recipe at home or follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 8 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 tsp ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a jar or a bowl. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Store the homemade pumpkin spice blend in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.