Have you ever had Butternut Squash Fondant? If no you definitely should! This easy but delicious Butternut Squash Fondant tastes absolutely amazing and is perfect for your next dinner party. This tasty recipe is usually a crowd-pleaser and also tastes great on special occasions like Thanksgiving or even Christmas.
I absolutely adore butternut squash recipes! These recipes are perfect for the fall and wintertime when all you wanna do is eat delicious comfort food and get cozy. And if you love fondant potatoes as much as I do you will surely enjoy this Butternut Squash Fondant recipe too!
What is Butternut Squash Fondant?
Butternut Squash Fondant is a dish that is inspired by the French cuisine. The word ‘fondant’ means “melting”. The Butternut Squash is traditionally peeled and cut into round shapes with the top and bottoms cut flat. Then, these butternut squash cubes are prepared golden crispy on both sides. In my opinion, they taste absolutely wonderful and have a rich and creamy consistency.
Ingredients you will need for this Fondant Recipe
- Butternut squash: Butternut squash is the main ingredient of this recipe and has many health benefits too. It is a great source of different vitamins and helps to boost your immune system, which is great around this time of the year!
- Olive oil or vegan butter: I used olive oil for this dish because I personally prefer the taste of it. But feel free to choose whatever you prefer here!
- Vegetable stock: For more taste!
- Thyme: Thyme-infused squash tastes amazing! So don’t forget to add it in there!
- Salt: For enhancing the flavor. I love using pink salt!
How to make Butternut Squash Fondant
Butternut Squash Fondant is not as difficult as it seems at first. Actually, there are just very few steps that you need to follow before you get this delicious and tasty Butternut Squash Fondant.
Step 1: First of all, you want to peel your butternut squash and cut it into little cubes.
Step 2: Next, prepare some vegetable stock. Then, grease a frying pan with a generous amount of olive oil or vegan butter.
Step 3: Fry the cubed butternut squash in olive oil on both sides. Fry until crispy. Season with salt, garlic and onion powder.
Step 3: Transfer the fried butternut squash to a baking dish. Add barely enough vegetable stock to cover them (a few bits sticking out the top are fine). Don’t forget to add the thyme to get that delicious thyme-infused flavor!
How to serve Butternut Squash Fondant
There are many different ways how to serve Fondant. Here are some options for you:
- Serve it in a bowl. I love serving it with rice, oven-baked Brussels sprouts and crispy baked tofu.
- You can also serve as an elegant side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- It would also work great with green salad or crispy potatoes.
Other vegan recipes you might enjoy
If you liked this recipe you may enjoy some of my other recipes too:
Finally, if you try this Butternut Squash Fondant out yourself, please let me know what you think. Rate this recipe or leave a comment below, I always love to hear your opinion. I would love to see you tag me on Instagram @aboutannella if you recreate this recipe at home. You can also follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Butternut Squash Fondant
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Fry: Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Then, add the cubed butternut. Fry for 5-7 mins, or until deep golden brown, then flip and fry on the other side. Add the salt, garlic and onion powder.
- Bake: Transfer the fried butternut squash to a baking dish. Pour the vegetable stock into it and add the thyme. Make sure to add enough vegetable stock to barely cover them (a few bits sticking out the top are fine). Place the baking dish in the oven and bake unvocvered for about 40-45 minutes or until the butternut squash comes out crispy and golden brown.
- Serve: Place the squash on a serving platter. Garnish with more thyme. Make sure to let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Olive oil can be substituted with any other oil of your personal preference.
- If you own an oven-proof skillet (such as a cast-iron skillet), you can transfer it to the oven straight away and skip the step with the additional baking dish.
Note: This page may contain affiliate links. Choosing to use these links helps to support me and this website – thank you for supporting About Annella!
4 thoughts on “Butternut Squash Fondant”
How long do you bake for. I assume it is uncovered
I am sorry – I completely forgot to state the baking time in this recipe. I updated it but it should be approximately 40-45 minutes or until the squash comes out golden brown.
But it takes too much time for preparing a fondant.
We hacked your website database (Home – About Annella in aboutannella.com)
Security flaws in your website allowed us to break into it. Currently, the tables obtained from your website database are irregular, But we are preparing and sorting them, and they will soon be available on the Internet for others to download.We will also extract the contact information of your users such as phone number and email and contact them and tell them You have put their confidential and important information at risk and at our disposal Doing this by us will bring many risks and losses for you and will ruin your public image.We will also make public the valuable information obtained from your website.But the way you can prevent this from happening is by paying us 0.1 BTC.We have prepared a wallet specifically for your website which we will be informed about after transferring the desired bitcoin into it, and we will find out that it is related to your website.The address of this wallet is as follows:
If you do this, we will remove the information obtained from your website from our database and repair the security problem that caused us to infiltrate your website so that no other group can do this again. After viewing the message, you have 48 hours to make the Bitcoin payment, and if you do not pay, the steps described above will begin.25599